Grants for STEM Education Programs
nVent believes a skilled workforce, one that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities, is critical to the ongoing success of our company and society as a whole. To help develop a healthy talent pipeline, nVent focuses a portion of its giving on STEM – science, technology, engineering and math – education opportunities for young people, particularly underrepresented and underprivileged groups in communities where nVent has business operations. nVent is especially interested in programs that offer hands-on learning experiences and introduce young people to STEM related career opportunities.
We are accepting applications for our first-ever grant cycle from April 12 to June 3, 2019. To qualify, organizations must operate programs near nVent facilities in the U.S. Individual grants will range from $5,000 - $15,000. We look forward to announcing additional grant opportunities as they become available.
nVent Locations in the U.S.
Chandler, Arizona; El Dorado Hills, California; Redwood City, California; San Diego, California; Union City, California; Clive, Iowa; Posen, Illinois; Baton Rouge, Louisiana; Anoka, Minnesota; St. Louis Park, Minnesota; Aberdeen, North Carolina; Charlotte, North Carolina; Dickinson, North Dakota; Sparks, Nevada; Solon, Ohio; Malvern, Pennsylvania; Warwick, Rhode Island; Beaumont, Texas; Freeport, Texas; Houston, Texas; Hutchins, Texas; and Pharr, Texas.
Organizations must be recognized by and registered with the Unites States Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)(3) public charity.
Ineligible Recipient Organizations
Ineligible organizations include, but are not limited to the following (please note that this list may be expanded or amended at any time):
- Political, fraternal and professional organizations
- Religious organizations (churches, synagogues, mosques and other houses of worship), or other organizations primarily promoting religious purposes
- Organizations that support pro-life or pro-choice issues
- Private foundations, donor advised funds and supporting organizations
- Government agencies
- Organizations that do not comply with nVent’s Supplier Code of Conduct policy
- Organizations that do not comply with the USA Patriot Act (or other applicable anti-terrorism rules/laws)
How to Apply
Click here to access our grants management system and begin the application process.