Why PYROTENAX System 1850 MI Cable?
When it comes to the protection of critical electrical systems in buildings, there are a few different options to meet industry codes and standards.
One of those options is UL2196 Listed copper-clad PYROTENAX System 1850 MI cable systems, an alternative to traditional construction or polymeric wiring methods.
Let’s learn more about this unique solution for building fire protection.
PYROTENAX Mineral Insulated Technology
Mineral insulated cable is created using only TWO inorganic elements, copper and magnesium oxide. These two materials give PYROTENAX MI cable distinct advantages.
- Copper: This highly recyclable waterproof element is also resistive to ultraviolet light and many other corrosive elements, meaning it will not degrade over time or require replacement.
- Magnesium Oxide: This mineral is ideal for electrical insulation as it will resist oxidation and radiation and will remain stable even under high temperatures. The mineral filling also protects the wires from caustic substances like oil, solvents or water.
These elements are then clad in a copper outer sheath, making it extremely resistant to harsh environments, or events like falling concrete. This rugged inorganic construction is an environmentally-friendly option that does not burn, produce smoke or contribute to ongoing fire emergencies.
What are the Benefits of PYROTENAX MI Cable?
While the benefits of inorganic construction speak for themselves, there are additional benefits when utilizing PYROTENAX MI cable to protect electrical circuits.
- Free Air Rating: The construction of MI wiring cables thermally insulates the conductor, allowing them to operate at higher ampacities than conventional wiring as allowed by Code.
- Space Saving: Because of their superior free air rating, MI cables can conduct more power through a smaller area, saving expensive space in new construction and retrofitting of older buildings.
- Lifetime Warranty: PYROTENAX Systems have a Lifetime extended warranty
- Made in North America for North America: PYROTENAX solutions have been installed by forward-thinking contractors throughout North America since the 1950’s. With the industry’s most complete product line of UL System 2196 Listed MI cables, splices, terminations and pre-assembled solutions, coupled with outstanding design and installation support, you can be assured Pyrotenax solutions will meet codes and standards and perform for the life of the installation.
Where Does Pyrotenax Technology Work?
Pyrotenax mineral insulated cable solutions are designed with critical and essential circuit protection in mind. This makes it an ideal solution for fire protection in buildings such as high-rises, subways, tunnels, airports, healthcare facilities and industrial plants.
MI cable is also ideal for:
- Car parks
- Petrochemical plants
- Shopping complexes
- And more
In fact, many recognizable buildings and structures currently contain nVent PYROTENAX MI technology. Next time you’re visiting the Dubai International Airport, or Toronto’s Roy Thomson Hall or the United States Capitol – know they’re meeting the highest level of building fire protection with nVent PYROTENAX MI cable installations.
For building owners working on a new project, or retrofitting an existing building, meeting safety standards should be a priority. Installing PYROTENAX MI technology in your building will ensure peace of mind for years to come.
To learn more visit: Fire Resistant Building Materials | NFPA Standards | nVent PYROTENAX
To Specify nVent PYROTENAX visit