nVent CADDY SCoPe Software Download
The SCoPe™ Seismic Calculation Program is sophisticated software that performs complicated structural calculations for seismic sway braces in accordance with building codes. Complete calculations can be produced without needing to refer to the code itself. All of the required information is in the program and at your fingertips. SCoPe™ can access seismic map values based on GPS coordinates, so calculations can be performed for projects located anywhere in the world.
SCoPe™ performs seismic bracing calculations for ALL suspended non-structural building components such as pipe, conduit, ducts, trapeze supported components, cable trays, bus ducts, conveyers, lights and more. It also does fire sprinkler piping calculations in accordance with the requirements of NFPA-13.
To download a free trial, just click on one of the following links
Instructions and notes for installation:
- You must have Administrative Rights for the computer on which you are installing
- If the program starts but the name & address text boxes for STEP 1 are not populated with sample text, the program is not running properly and someone with Administrative Rights will have to change the settings on two files to allow full control for the database files:
- Using the file explorer, Navigate to C:\Program Files\CADDYSeismic\SCoPe 2009\ PIPE.mdf and RIGHT CLICK its icon (or 2012)
- SELECT the Properties Tab
- SELECT the Security Tab
- SELECT Users under Group or user names
- CLICK Advanced
- In the Advanced window make sure that Users is selected and CLICK Change Permissions
- In the Permissions window make sure that Users is selected and CLICK Edit
- CHECK the box for Full Control under Allow
- CLICK OK on each dialog box to close them and get back to the file explorer.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\CADDYSeismic\SCoPe 2009\ PIPE_log.ldf and RIGHT CLICK its icon (or 2012)
- REPEAT b though i above for the PIPE_log.ldf file
Ground Enhancement Material (GEM) is a superior conductive material that solves your toughest grounding problems by reducing earth resistance and impedance measurements. It is the ideal material to use in areas of poor conductivity, such as rocky ground, mountain tops and sandy soil.
To assist in estimating the amount of GEM required for installations, nVent is proud to offer our free web-based GEM Calculator. The latest release of the nVent ERICO GEM Calculator features:
- Estimated system resistance values for basic grounding system designs including GEM
- Designs for single ground rods, multiple ground rods as well as for bare conductor
- Intuitive, easy-to-use design
- Useful tips and help information provide additional assistance during the design process
GEM Calculator Feature Comparison
|Calculate number of bags of GEM required||Yes||Yes|
|Estimate system resistance with GEM||Yes||Yes|
|Allow metric or imperial||Yes||Yes|
|Select couplers and ground rods||Yes||Yes|
|Create GEM System design diagrams||Yes||Yes|
|Organize GEM System Designs into projects||-||Yes|
|Save, edit, and copy GEM System Designs||-||Yes|
|Print Design Documents and aggregated Material Lists||-||Yes|
nVent ERIFLEX Low Voltage Power Connections Software
nVent CADDY Planner Software
To download and install the nVent CADDY Planner, do the following:
- Right-click on the link below and save the file to your hard drive using the "Save Target As" command.
- Unzip the installation files to a location on your hard drive.
- Once all of the installation files have been unzipped, double-click on setup.exe from the installation folder. Follow the prompts to install the software.
Once you have installed the software, you can delete the downloaded file from step 1 and the installation files from step 2 above.
Download the nVent CADDY PLANNER software (219 MB, updated 20 Sep 2012)